Yuiko Fujita, Professor, School of Commerce, Meiji University
1-9-Suginamiku Tokyo Japan 168-8555.
Areas of Interest: Culture, Media, Globalization, Gender, Ethnography
2006 University of London, UK, Ph.D. (Media and Communications)
2001 Columbia University, NY, USA, M.A. (Sociology)
Sophia University M.A. (Journalism)/ University of Pennsylvania (exchange program)
Keio University, B.A. (Human Sciences)
■Employment and Positions
2016.10- Professor, Department of Commerce, Meiji University
2011-2016 Associate Professor, Department of Commerce, Meiji University
2007-2010 Associate Professor, Institute for Media and Communications, Keio University
2006-2012 Tokyo Institute of Technology, Sekaibunmei Center, Fellow
- The Sociological Review, UK (2021-present)
- The Japan Sociological Review (2021-present)
- International Journal of Japanese Sociology, The Japan Sociological Society, Editor (2006-2015), Member (2016-2018)
American Sociological Review, The Sociological Review, International Journal of Cultural Studies, Media Asia, Annals of Leisure Research, International Journal of Japanese Sociology, Japan Sociological Review, Journal of Mass Communication Studies, Journal of Cultural Anthropology, The Annual Review of Cultural Studies, Migration Policy Review, Journal of Labour Sociology
- International Communication Association, USA (ICA)
- Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association, UK (MeCCSA)
- The Japan Sociological Society
■Quoted or Referenced in the Press (selections)
- ‘Stuck at Home, Men in Japan Learn to Help. Will It Last?’ The New York Times May 16, 2020.
- ‘The Problem of Paternity Harassment,’ BBC Global News, 2016.
- Buzzfeed Japan, Business Insider Japan, Huffington Post Japan, and Japanese newspapers, magazines, and television programs.